swans

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자소설을써라 조회 26회 작성일 2021-10-29 23:07:25 댓글 0

본문

Children of God - Swans

Swans 1987 album, "Children of God", will be re-released worldwide November 13th on Young God Records/Mute. Formats include LP, CD, download and stream.

Pre-order signed copies through Young God Records - https://bit.ly/2RqSD5O
Everywhere else - https://mute.ffm.to/s-cog

---

Hello, thank you for listening to our music. I hope it gives you some joy and pleasure.

I am pleased that you have discovered our music through this medium. I view this experience as the equivalent of previewing a record in a record store in days of old. However, if you wish to experience the music in its' fullest form, I would strongly encourage you to acquire it in a physical format you can bring into your home. Not only will you then be able to experience the richest version of the music sonically, but you will also be afforded the opportunity to enjoy the tangible artwork, which was conceived in tandem with the music, and serves as a further portal to experiencing the total conceptual and spiritual and emotional content of the work we have labored, lovingly, to bring to you.

I love you,

- Michael Gira / Swans / Young God Records
Bill Kormas : other artists: music videos
swans: powerpoint presentation on loop
Ivan T.W. : There really is nothing else in the world like Jarboe-era Swans.
Diego Rojas Sebastian : The truly inspiring / scary / disturbing about Swans is that you could easily and convincingly argue that any of a handful of albums are their best. I can understand someone arguing Children of God is their best. I can understand Soundtracks of the Blind as a pick. I can understand To Be Kind as a pick. My favourite after digesting their entire discography for years is The Glowing Man - the closest music has approached the ecstatic release of LSD, if you ask me. A unique band, a true force.
Tristan Reynolds : As a fan for 30 years now...nothing else is comparable to SWANS. I have a good friend/disciple aged 25 who proudly wore his recently acquired FILTH t-shirt to 'no uniform day' at a reputable retail outlet and walked on through to wear it another day bless him. This 49 year old recalls wearing a PUBLIC CASTRATION IS A.....t-shirt in the streets of Sydney city when I was 19! Bless you SWANS...stay strong!
irildi77 : One of the best Swans albums. If not the best.

Swans - The Hanging Man (Official Audio)

Swans new album, leaving meaning., will be released worldwide October 25th, 2019 on Young God Records/Mute. Formats include 2X LP, 2CD, as well as download and stream.

Pre-order signed copies through Young God Records - http://bit.ly/2lFLeTq
Everywhere else - http://smarturl.it/SWANS-LM

Hello, thank you for listening to our music. I hope it gives you some joy and pleasure.

I am pleased that you have discovered our music through this medium. I view this experience as the equivalent of previewing a record in a record store in days of old. However, if you wish to experience the music in its' fullest form, I would strongly encourage you to acquire it in a physical format you can bring into your home. Not only will you then be able to experience the richest version of the music sonically, but you will also be afforded the opportunity to enjoy the tangible artwork, which was conceived in tandem with the music, and serves as a further portal to experiencing the total conceptual and spiritual and emotional content of the work we have labored, lovingly, to bring to you.

I love you,

Official Young God Records / Swans Store (all albums hand signed by M. Gira): http://bit.ly/1rY35P8
Swans on iTunes: http://bit.ly/1nZmr5R
Seedless Watermelon : A bit too short for me, the normal 30 minutes would be good.
Malis Saldo : Every Swans album is a gift. Even at their worst they stil menage to be more interesting than vast majority of bands.
And at their best they are...hard to describe realy but they are the only band that makes me want to run through the snow naked and screaming...
Thijs Van Meeuwen : No one howls in despair like good old Gira
MrExplodey : Things the man has been:
A blackhole man
A black eyed man
A Glowing man
A glowing Half man
A Hanging man
FREQ : Always been intrigued by this style of theirs. Such a unique distinct sound. Who else plays like this swirling drone?? It just builds and the more it repeats its simplicity becomes complex. Wicked

Swans - It’s Coming It’s Real (Official Audio)

Swans new album, leaving meaning., will be released worldwide October 25th, 2019 on Young God Records/Mute. Formats include 2X LP, 2CD, as well as download and stream.

"It's Coming It's Real" features choral vocals by Anna and Maria von
Hausswolff.

Pre-order signed copies through Young God Records - http://bit.ly/2lFLeTq
Everywhere else - http://smarturl.it/SWANS-LM

Swans will tour in 2020.

---

I love you,

Vicomte de Valmont : I’m ready to drown in a 2.5 hour album again ye ye
Nathan Maye : In the unlikely event that we get a fourth season of Twin Peaks, they should feature Swans playing this at the Roadhouse
Carlo Marx : Lyrics:

In the place where you lay
In the shimmer above
In the rust and the oil
With your mouth full of mud

Where you run like a child
Through curtains of rain
In a room made of stone
Your future was made

There's nowhere to run to
You forget where you've been
Your shadow is shrinking
In the tightening lens

How many more years?
How much time is there left?
All the rivers reversed
While you counted each step

In the veins of the tree
In the strata beneath
In the polished chrome sheen
In the rebar and concrete

Reach up for the hand
Of the glowing half-man
Stand still on the edge
Of the greased precipice

Reach out
In a tunnel of steel
Fall through
Oh, it's coming, and it's real

Breathe in

The glittering dust
Exhale
Mindless

Rage on, helpless
Reach out, sightless

Kneel down, fearless
Rise up, righteous

Save us, formless
Reach out, mindless

Save us, lightless
Leave us, soundless

Rise up, righteous
Save us, formless

Reach out, mindless
Save us, lightless

Rage on, fearless
Leave us, soundless

Leave us, soundless
Save us, lightless

Reach out, mindless
Save us, formless

Rise up, righteous
Kneel down, fearless

Reach out, sightless
Rage on, soundless
Daniel Parsignault : Has it really been 35 years since I started listening to SWANS, A.O.L. and M. Gira?

I almost saw them in Boston in '85 at the Rat (R.I.P.) around the time of "Raping A Slave".

I thought it would be a good idea to dose on acid before entering the concert.

Then, in the course of breaking up a fight outside, I got arrested for assault and battery.

With the wisdom of time, I can probably say that handcuffed to a bench in the Charles St. cop shop was probably less destructive than enduring M.Gira's fury under the influence of LSD.

Good times!

I really liked " Children of God" and the dynamics that seemed to come about with the addition of Jarboe to the collective.

That tangent of the next four albums produced my all time fave Swans album ; "Love of Life" and its' track " The Sound of Freedom" with my all time fave lyric, " The light inside your body will shine through history, set fire to every prison, set every dead man free:" pure poetry.

Although the song " The Great Annihilator" is in the running (in my head) for the greatest song ever written.

I saw them in L.A. on the " Swans Are Dead" tour, thanks for the warning!

The soundscape album " Soundtracks for the Blind" is a great album to disappear into.

And then they were gone. A musical chapter was closed and A.O.L. was well enjoyed for their catharsis and acoustic intensity.

I saw an M.Gira solo show in Hollywood in 2000 or so and I can relate that he was still as crotchety as ever.

I stumbled, quite by chance on a copy of "My Father..." in a Music Store (remember those ) in 2010?

Joy, the SWANS were back and picked up right where "...Annihilator" ended.

Which brings us to the last nine years and the second to latest incarnation, I bought and listened to all the band albums but not all the time as this version of SWANS demanded my complete attention. I cannot multitask when listening to SWANS anymore.

I am old.

The fact that M.Gira is still around and still churning out good music is really great, not too many from that specific time and place are still around.

The fact that he is interested in playing with "new" people means to me that there will always be interesting and everchanging music coming from his camp.

Thanks to you M. Gira for being a part of the soundtrack to my life.

You have won...
N D : Post-apocalyptic nuclear Hawaiian beach scene.

#swans

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 6,148건 49 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.urbanspace.kr. All rights reserved.  Contact : help@oxmail.xyz